Christmas is this week! Hopefully all of our Gigglers who celebrate this holiday have checked off their lists, and are now relaxing amidst the piles of thoughtful and/or crafty gifts they have carefully selected for their loved ones. Wrapping them, though? That’s a whole different story. For all of you wrapping procrastinators out there (including this guilty author), here’s a simple little DIY to put the perfect finishing touch on your gifts. These hand-stitched tags add a touch of whimsy to your presents—and they’re quick to make, too. Throw on a festive record, grab your supplies, and you might even be done by the time you get to side B!
- Felt in three colors
- Embroidery floss in three colors
- Embroidery needle
- Measuring tape
- Piece of paper
- Ballpoint pen
- Draw a rectangle onto the paper measuring 3-inches long and 1 1/2-inches wide. Round off the corners, and add a small semi-circle to one of the short ends. Cut the shape out to make your template.
- Trace the template onto each piece of felt three times. Cut out all of the shapes.
- Thread the needle with one color of embroidery floss. Stitch around the edges of three of the tags of a contrasting color.
- Repeat the above steps with the other two colors of tags, using embroidery floss of contrasting colors.
- Using the same color of embroidery floss as the border, stitch “TO:” and a small heart followed by a colon on each tag.
- Pass the needle through the semi-circle on the end of each tag, and measure out the embroidery floss to approximately 2 inches on each side. Cut the floss and knot it to make small loops.
- Write whom you are giving your gifts to on the tags, slip them on your gifts, and give with love!