Personalize your presents with these super simple DIY gift tags
Christmas is this week! Hopefully all of our Gigglers who celebrate this holiday have checked off their lists, and are now relaxing amidst the piles of thoughtful and/or crafty gifts they have carefully selected for their loved ones. Wrapping them, though? That’s a whole different story. For all of you wrapping procrastinators out there (including this guilty author), here’s a simple little DIY to put the perfect finishing touch on your gifts. These hand-stitched tags add a touch of whimsy to your presents—and they’re quick to make, too. Throw on a festive record, grab your supplies, and you might even be done by the time you get to side B!
- Felt in three colors
- Embroidery floss in three colors
- Embroidery needle
- Measuring tape
- Piece of paper
- Ballpoint pen
- Draw a rectangle onto the paper measuring 3-inches long and 1 1/2-inches wide. Round off the corners, and add a small semi-circle to one of the short ends. Cut the shape out to make your template.
- Trace the template onto each piece of felt three times. Cut out all of the shapes.
- Thread the needle with one color of embroidery floss. Stitch around the edges of three of the tags of a contrasting color.
- Repeat the above steps with the other two colors of tags, using embroidery floss of contrasting colors.
- Using the same color of embroidery floss as the border, stitch “TO:” and a small heart followed by a colon on each tag.
- Pass the needle through the semi-circle on the end of each tag, and measure out the embroidery floss to approximately 2 inches on each side. Cut the floss and knot it to make small loops.
- Write whom you are giving your gifts to on the tags, slip them on your gifts, and give with love!