This hot dog wreath will make your guests so frankful at your next holiday party
Bring Christmas cheer to your next holiday party with this delicious and festive hot dog wreath. An easy pigs in a blanket recipe with a little fancy plating goes a long way for this crowd-pleaser. The taste of this wreath is salty, savory, and ultimately super satisfying. Even better? You can add cheese to make it extra gooey and delicious. The dipping sauce is perfectly balanced by honey and mustard to create a slightly sweet, luscious dip. Don’t skip this dish this year, and prepare for all your friends to demand you give them your recipe. Watch the video below to follow along with the instructions.
[tempo-video id=”968072754001″ account=”4607804089001″]
Holiday Hot Dog Wreath
Serves 8 (serving size: 4 mini hot dogs)
Active 25 min. Total 50 min.
2 (8-oz.) cans refrigerated crescent rolls (such as Pillsbury)
5 Tbsp. Dijon mustard, divided
4 oz. sharp Cheddar cheese, cut into 35 (1/2-in.) thin strips
1 (12-oz.) pkg. mini beef sausages (such as Hillshire Farm Lit’l Smokies)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp. poppy seeds
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. stone-ground mustard
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
4 oz. rosemary sprigs
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and coat with cooking spray. Place a 7-inch round bowl face down in the center of baking sheet.
2. Unroll crescent roll dough onto a clean work surface. Tear dough at seams into 16 triangles (8 from each can). Starting at the wide end, cut each triangle lengthwise with a pizza cutter into 3 smaller triangles, forming 48 skinny triangles. Reserve 13 skinny triangles for another use.
3. Brush 3 tablespoons of the Dijon mustard over surface of triangles. Place 1 strip of cheese at the wide end of each triangle. Place 1 mini sausage on top of cheese. Starting at the wide end, roll into a crescent. Repeat with remaining dough, cheese strips, and sausages forming 35 crescents. Line 20 crescents around the edge of the bowl with 1 end of each crescent touching the bowl and each other on the sides. Carefully remove bowl from baking sheet, leaving crescents in a circle. Line remaining 15 crescents inside of large crescent ring, forming a double-ringed wreath.
4. Brush wreath with egg; sprinkle poppy seeds and salt evenly over crescents. Bake in preheated oven until puffed and golden brown, 22 to 25 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, whisk together mayonnaise, honey, stone-ground mustard, apple cider vinegar, and remaining 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Set aside.
6. Carefully transfer wreath with parchment paper to a serving platter. Carefully remove parchment from underneath wreath; discard. Place rosemary sprigs slightly underneath and around edges of wreath. Spoon mayonnaise mixture into a small serving bowl, and place in center of wreath. Serve immediately.