June 4th is Hug Your Cat Day!
Hugs are the best. Cats are the best. Hugs with cats? Just put two and two together. It’s pretty clear that nothing could be better than giving your cat companion a big ol’ squeeze. It’s not always easy, however, to hug this beautiful, and sometimes aloof, independent creature. So, today I will go over five ways in which you might score a hug from your feline friend.
How to Hug Your Cat
- Your cat makes the first move. This is an ultimate (and rare) honor, and huge sign of affection from your kitty.
- Go in for the hug when they can’t get away. Your cat is taking a nap and enjoying a life of leisure? Boom. Sneak attack. Their vulnerability and tendency towards a lazy lifestyle is much to your advantage when it comes to hug ambushing.
- Warm them up with some loving pets. Oh, me? I’m just petting you. No big deal. Whoops, I guess I’m kinda leaning over and… awwww, what a nice hug. See? That wasn’t so bad!
- Pretend it’s a game. Cats are competitive, athletic, and love a good challenge. Blinded by their own drive for excellence, they won’t even realize that you have an ulterior motive.
- Pretend you don’t want a hug. Reverse psychology, man. Oh look at me, just hanging out over here. I don’t want a hug. I definitely don’t want cuddles. Guess who will show up? Your cat. With an awesome hug and cuddles galore.
Now you have no excuse! Go hug your cat! <3