It is July 16th which means it is American businessman, Orville Redenbacher’s birthday! Hooray!
I thoroughly researched Redenbacher (I went on Wikipedia) and he is a pretty cool guy! Did you know he was in the Alpha Gamma Rho fraternity and also ran for his college track team? I made a list of more facts about him below!
Fun Facts About Popcorn Entrepreneur, Orville Redenbacher
1. Growing up, Redenbacher sold popcorn out of the back of his car.
2. He graduated from Perdue University with a degree in agronomy.
3. His occupation on Wikipedia is listed as “entrepreneur” which is the coolest possible title.
4. At 12 years old he started growing his own popping corn!
5. When he first became the company’s official spokesperson some customers wrote letters asking if Redenbacher was a real person, and not an actor.
6. And the most important fact of all, he was married to a woman named Corinne (that’s my name!!!!!!!).
Popcorn is one of my favorite snacks second only to Girl Scout cookies. What are your favorite snacks? Tell me in the comments below!
Featured image via .