Take this friendship compatibility quiz to see which zodiac sign is your BFF
The following friendship compatibility quiz will help shine a light on your current friendships and open the door to potential new friendships as well. Your answers will reveal insights about your personality and which sign may be the perfect friendship match for you. It’s the moment of truth: are they friend or foe? Keep in mind that this quiz isn’t the end-all, be-all of your friendship potential. If you share a close kinship with a sign that is not listed in your top three, it just means that there’s a lot more to be explored within your charts. Remember this: there is no wrong answer!
1. What qualities are most important to you in a friendship?
a) Loyalty and trustworthiness
b) Adventurousness and spontaneity
c) Wit and intelligence
d) Empathy and supportiveness
2. What is your favorite activity to do with a friend?
a) Exploring the great outdoors
b) Going to a concert
c) Enjoying dinner at the latest hot spot
d) Watching favorite movies
3. What is the one thing you could never forgive a friend for doing?
a) Forgetting your birthday
b) Embarrassing you at a work function
c) Befriending your frenemy
d) Dating your ex
4. When faced with a life-changing decision, how do you handle it?
a) Create a pros and cons list
b) Do what feels right in the moment
c) Consider the interests of everyone involved
d) Meditate and use your intuition as your guide
5. What is your favorite season?
6. If you could choose one face emoji to describe yourself, what would it be?
a) Cold sweat downcast face
b) Sunglasses smiley face
c) Smirking smiley face
d) Hugging smiley face
7. Which TV show genre would you most want to binge-watch?
a) Romantic drama
b) Action and adventure
8. Where would you most like to travel with your best friend?
b) New York City
d) Maui, Hawaii
9. What makes you LOL?
a) A heavy dose of sarcasm
b) Silly slapstick
c) Witty wordplay
d) Self-deprecating storytelling
10. How do you react when a friend cries in front of you?
a) Offer them advice
b) Try to make them laugh
c) Try to change the subject
d) Give them a hug
11. Which gift would be at the top of your birthday wish list?
a) A designer watch
b) A plush robe
c) A smartphone case
d) A diary
12. How do you typically handle a conflict?
a) Tackle it methodically, seeking advice from others
b) Confront it head-on
c) Ignore it until you have to deal with it
d) Shoulder the blame in order to resolve it as quickly as possible
13. Which is your favorite friendship keepsake from your childhood?
a) A friendship bracelet or cuff
b) A Little League trophy
c) A BFF necklace
d) A photo scrapbook
14. What is your favorite snack for movie night?
a) Cheese and crackers
b) Chips and guacamole
d) Ice cream
15. You’re working on a group project. Which role do you assume?
a) The treasurer
b) The team captain
c) The publicist
d) The graphic designer
16. What is your favorite genre of music?
b) Classic rock
17. Which literary genre do you prefer to read?
a) Historical nonfiction
c) Murder mystery
18. What is your favorite act of self-care following an upsetting event?
a) Attending a movie night with your nearest and dearest
b) Hitting up a yoga class with a friend to sweat out the feels
c) Checking out trivia night at the local dive bar with your best pal
d) Indulging in a day of pampering with your BFF
19. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
a) When your plans are canceled at the last minute
b) When your text message is ignored
c) When you’re put on hold for a long time
d) When you’re told the word “no”
20. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you do with the money?
a) Spend a little, save a lot
b) Go on a globe-trotting adventure
c) Buy a new car
d) Splurge on new clothes
21. Group chat. You down?
a) If it serves a specific purpose, yes; otherwise, nope
b) I created the group chat
c) Only if I can use a ton of wildly inappropriate GIFs
d) Yes, and I speak only in emojis
22. What is your favorite holiday?
b) New Year’s Eve
23. What form of exercise do you enjoy?
24. How would you describe your communication style?
a) I’m deliberate, thoughtful, and tend to think before I speak
b) I always speak my mind, and most times I have no filter
c) I can be a little scattered when I talk; I like to cover as much ground as possible
d) I always speak from my heart, and I can usually read between the lines
25. Which sitcom personality do you most relate to?
a) The mature, nurturing one
b) The sarcastic, rebellious one
c) The flirty, adventurous one
d) The sweet, lovable one
26. You’re at a baseball game. What are you doing?
a) Nothing, because you don’t go to baseball games
b) Playing ball
d) Cheering on the team, of course
27. What’s your biggest fear?
a) Not living up to your own expectations
b) Your hard work going unnoticed
c) Having your independence taken away
d) Being alone
28. What is your stance on selfies?
b) I’m taking one right now
c) If I feel like it, sure
d) Only for special occasions
29. How would you direct a friend to comfort you when you’re upset?
a) Help me talk it out when I’m ready
b) Bring me a punching bag
c) Validate my feelings
d) Let me cry it out
30. How do you prefer to keep in contact with your friends?
a) Texting mostly, sometimes a phone call
b) Video chat
c) A specific chat app
d) In person
31. You’re on a road trip with your friends. What are you doing?
c) Cracking jokes
32. How do you like to spend your spare time?
b) Working out
33. It’s your monthly dinner date with your friends. What would you prefer?
a) An elaborate three-course dinner at a fancy restaurant
b) A slice of pizza at your place
c) The latest fusion food trend
d) A Pinterest-inspired home-cooked meal
34. What’s a simple way a friend can make you feel special?
a) Sending you a “How’s your day going?” text
b) Giving you their full attention
c) Telling you something they appreciate about you
d) Giving you a hug
35. Which do you think is your most admirable quality?
a=4 points b=3 points c=2 points d=1 point
Add up your points for all 35 questions and check your results to find your most compatible friendship signs in the following chart.
Most Compatible Signs
Your Best Friends: Taurus, Virgo, or Capricorn
Other Potential Friends: Cancer, Scorpio, or Pisces
Your Best Friends: Aries, Leo, or Sagittarius
Other Potential Friends: Gemini, Libra, or Aquarius
Your Best Friends: Gemini, Libra, or Aquarius
Other Potential Friends: Aries, Leo, or Sagittarius
Your Best Friends: Cancer, Scorpio, or Pisces
Other Potential Friends: Taurus, Virgo, or Capricorn
Excerpted from Friendship Signs by Brianne Hogan. Copyright © 2019 Simon & Schuster, Inc. Used by permission of the publisher, Adams Media, a division of Simon and Schuster. All rights reserved.