Vegan Gluten-Free Granola
Vegan Gluten-Free Granola. This week’s post is both simple and quick. Gluten-free granola is easy to make and if you buy your ingredients in bulk, you can save quite a bit of money. Customize this recipe any way you choose by mixing and matching different nuts and fruit depending on the season.
by Laura Friendly
Start to Finish: 45 minutes
Makes: about 8 cups
- 3 cups old fashioned gluten-free oats
- 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup salted sunflower seeds (or unsalted)
- 1 cup dried cherries or raisins
- 2/3 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, coconut, almonds, sunflower seeds and raisins.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oil, sugar, maple syrup and salt (if adding).
- Using your hands, mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Make sure the dry ingredients are well coated.
- Spread the mixture in an even layer onto a 13 x 18 rimmed sheet pan and place into the center of the preheated oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until the granola is nice and brown. Stir every 5 or 10 minutes with a large spoon or tongs to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool. Store in an airtight container.
For more Laura Friendly fun vegan recipes, try:
- Vegan Strawberry Cupcake with a Vegan Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- Laura Friendly Coconut Mango Cocktail
All Images & Content are by Laura Friendly. This post is written and based on my personal experience and opinion on food. The information is not intended to replace professional medical counsel. Always seek the advice of your physician if you have a food allergy. And don’t forget to smile!