Blueberries are one of my favorite Michigan crops. Every July, when the weather is warm, you can find this delicious fruit throughout the state.
For this weeks post I decided to create a twist on a vegan cream cheese… Vegan Blueberry Fruit Dip. This dip is easy to make and perfect for summer.
Blueberry Fruit Dip
by Laura Friendly
Start to Finish: 20 minutes
Makes: about 2 cups
- 1 pint blueberries, rinsed
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked overnight, drained)
- 1/2 cup plain soy yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice (more or less to taste)
- 1 to 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- In a small nonstick saucepan add blueberries and maple syrup. Simmer over medium heat for about 5 to 7 minutes, until the blueberries begin to break down. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- In a food processor, add the cooked blueberries, cashews, yogurt, lemon juice, vinegar and salt. Blend until the mixture is very smooth.
- Season with additional maple syrup if desired. Transfer into an airtight container and keep refrigerated.
For more vegan desserts, try my:
All Images & Content are by Laura Friendly. This post is written and based on my personal experience and opinion on food. The information is not intended to replace professional medical counsel. Always seek the advice of your physician if you have a food allergy. And don’t forget to smile!