These are life-savers for snacking, entertaining, and everything in between.
It’s no secret that I’m at Trader Joe’s at least three times a week. Between cooking for my blog, College Housewife, and making weeknight meals, it’s my absolute go-to for groceries. Its small square footage means I can get in and out quickly, armed with high-quality purchases.
My pantry is always stocked with plenty of “Two Buck Chuck” and all the Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels that will fit in my cart. In my opinion, Trader Joe’s is the perfect compromise for people with Whole Foods taste on an Aldi budget. Not to mention their samples are always amazing! Here are the 11 products I pick up every time I shop.
1. Fire Roasted Red Peppers: If you’re into meal prep, these will be your new best friend. The fire-roasted flavor and char makes them an easy way to amp up quick, weeknight meals.
To buy: $2 for 12 oz., at Trader Joe’s.
2. Pizza Dough: This pre-portioned, ready-to-bake dough can be used for all of your pizza needs—from sheet pan pizzas to calzones.
To buy: $1.20 for 1 lb. ball, at Trader Joe’s.
3. Peanut Butter Filled Pretzels: My end all, be all go-to snack. Period.
To buy: $3 for 1 lb., at Trader Joe’s.
4. Soft Pretzel Sticks: These mini pretzel roll baguettes are great for cheeseboards, baby sandwiches, or just snacking.
To buy: $1 each, at Trader Joe’s.
5. Kohlrabi Salad Blend: This crunchy blend of kohlrabi, cabbage, kale, and golden beets is perfect as the base for any salad or grain bowl.
To buy: $2 for 10 oz. bag, at Trader Joe’s.
6. Fig and Olive Crisps: These crisps, which are equal parts sweet and salty, are my go-to cheeseboard cracker.
To buy: $4 for 5.3 oz. box, at Trader Joe’s.
Related article: The cost of 25 items at Aldi grocery store vs. Trader Joe’s
7. Chipotle Toscano Cheese: Trust me when I say you need this cheese. The outside is covered in the most flavorful chipotle rub—and it’s quickly become my favorite snack to munch on while I’m cooking dinner.
To buy: $10 for 1 lb., at Trader Joe’s.
8. Asian Stir-Fry Veggies: This blend comes in handy when you’re super short on time and need to get dinner together ASAP. It pairs perfectly with any protein.
To buy: $4 for 1 lb., at Trader Joe’s.
9. Chipotle Black Bean Dip: Not only is this a delicious dip for veggies, but it’s also fat-and-cholesterol-free.
To buy: $1.70 for 12 oz. jar, at Trader Joe’s.
10. Simpler Wines: It’s no secret that Trader Joes’ wine game is very strong. Some of my recent favorites are from their canned wine selection! They are so great during the spring and summer months for taking out by the pool and bringing to picnics.
To buy: $4 for four cans, at Trader Joe’s.
11. Flowers: I can always find the best small bouquet of blooms for under $6. They last forever, and make for a great treat for yourself.
To buy: prices vary, at Trader Joe’s.
For more inspiration on what to grab next time you’re at TJ’s, check out this blogger’s epic Trader Joe’s cheeseboard.