Sammy Nickalls
June 10, 2016 1:32 pm
Vale Wildlife Rescue / Facebook

Indian food is delicious, right? But one seagull got a little *too* enthusiastic. . . and it landed him a vivid shade of orange.

The UK’s Guardian reports that the bird, which commenters on Facebook have dubbed “Gullfrazie,” fell into a vat of tikka masala from a food factory bin while trying to scavenge meat on Monday. Luckily, workers at the Wales site noticed and rescued the curry-loving bird, and he was taken to Vale Wildlife Hospital near Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire.

There, he was scrubbed (carefully, with gentle soap!) to get rid of his orange hue.

“He really surprised everyone here – we had never seen anything like it before. He had fallen into a waste vat of curry that was outside, it was chicken tikka masala,” hospital nurse Lucy Kells, who posted the photos to Facebook, told the Guardian. “The thing that shocked us the most was the smell. He smelled amazing, he really smelled good. He cleaned up surprisingly well at the hospital, we used washing-up liquid a few times.” It’s so incredible that these veterinarians have taken such good care of him.

Gullfrazie is now being fed meat, dog food, cat food, and bits of fish to fatten him up. “He is a bit skinny so we are building his strength up a bit,” Lucy told the Guardian. “I guess that’s why he was trying to get a piece of meat from the vat and fell in.”

He’s now well on the road to recovery, but he needs to be shipped to an outside aviary to make his feathers waterproof again. We wish a speedy recovery and can SO can relate to your love of curry, Gullfrazie.

Advertisement