For obvious reasons, we love a good brownie that crumbles in our mouth. And guess what? Today is our lucky day (and yours!), because Cosmo let us know that Red Wine Brownies are as perfect as they sound! Okay, we’re aware that red wine hot chocolate is a thing, and we’ve even tried red wine ice cream floats, but red wine brownies are definitely our new holiday obsession.
This recipe for Red Wine Brownies with Drunken Cranberries comes from blogger A Cookie Named Desire (aka Amanda Powell), who’s known for making all kinds of delicious treats.
You know the kind; from sweet pies, to cake batter milkshakes, to PB&J muffins, to cupcakes, to brown butter pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, and more! But today is all about BROWNIE HEAVEN.
Here’s what you need:
¾ cup red wine
½ cup dried cranberries
¾ cup all-purpose flour
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 stick butter (1/2 cup), plus extra for greasing
6 oz dark or semi-sweet chocolate
3 large eggs
1½ cups sugar
⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
Here’s what you do:
1. Grab a small bowl and mix the red wine and cranberries together. Let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour or until the cranberries look plumped.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour an 8 by 8 inch pan.
3. Mix flour and sea salt in a bowl and set aside.
4. In a mixing bowl over boiling water, heat the butter and chocolate until just melted and mixed together.
5. Remove the bowl from the heat and add the eggs one at a time.
6. Add the sugar and cocoa powder and mix, then add the flour and mix well.
7. Mix in the red wine and cranberries.
8. Pour the mixture in the baking pan and bake for about 50 minutes (or until an inserted toothpick comes out with only crumbs).
9. Allow the brownies to cool in the pan about about 25 – 30 minutes in the pan, then remove to cool completely.
Then… DON’T FORGET TO EAT THE BROWNIES!
Is your mouth sufficiently watering?
Seriously, making these brownies is likely to guarantee friends forever. Yummmmmm.