Pumpkin Ale Cupcakes Are Your Essential Oktoberfest Treats
Fall means beautiful weather, cute scarves and pumpkin-flavored everything. With pumpkin season in full force, there have been a lot of fake pumpkin products circulating online, but these Pumpkin Ale cupcakes are the real deal. Thanks to one other (boozy) ingredient, they’re also the perfect accompaniment for your Oktoberfest celebration.
What you’ll need!
• 2 ¾ cups sifted cake flour, half all-purpose, half cake (I proportioned it 1 ¼ Cake Flour and 1 ½ all purpose)
• 4 teaspoons baking powder
• 1/4 teaspoon salt, just a tad less is good.
• 3 eggs
• 1 ½ cups sugar
• About a can of pumpkin puree, I used about 3/4 a can of pumpkin puree
• 1/4 cup milk
• 3/4 cup pumpkin ale
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• Fall spices: 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon cardamom, ½ teaspoon clove, ½ teaspoon nutmeg
Let’s get baking …
Combine dry ingredients and spices, set aside.
Combine milk and pumpkin ale in one bowl, set aside.
Cream sugar and eggs. Blend in extract. Mix in Pumpkin. Add dry ingredients alternating with milk/ale mixture.
Stir until combined, try not to over mix.
Bake in lined muffin pan for about 20 minutes at 350 F.
Now for the cream cheese frosting …
• 1/2 cup butter, one stick, softened
• 4 oz. cream cheese
• 1 tbs almond extract, vanilla is OK
• 2 cups powdered sugar
Mix it all together!