And now for the most Instagrammed bakeries in the U.S.
No matter where you live, you probably have an endless array of options when it comes to desserts. And, since this is the 21st century, you probably snap a few shots of your goodies and post them on Instagram before devouring them. The social platform has made amateur food photographers out of the best of us, casually turning us into cupcake stylists in our free time. That’s no coincidence — baked goods tend to be the easiest and most drool-worthy to photograph, and Instagram has taken notice.
The social platform partnered up with Refinery29 to produce a list of the 20 most popular bakeries in the U.S. Results were based on how many times the location was geotagged in photos. The bakeries ran the gamut from all-inclusive (carrying every type of pastry) to more niche bakeries, like those that only serve cupcakes or donuts. New York actually showed up on the list 7 times, which tells us that maybe the Big Apple should actually be renamed to the Big Apple Pie. Here is just a taste of which bakeries showed up on the list.
1. Carlo’s Bakery in Hoboken, NJ, home of the Cake Boss. If you’re dying to check them out, they have a location in Las Vegas and a soon-to-be-opened location in Florida.
2. Porto’s Bakery in Glendale, CA made the list. This Cuban bakery has been around since 1960 and has a handful of other locations in the general LA-area.
3. Magnolia Bakery in NYC, the same one popularized in Sex and the City. This bakery also has locations in Los Angeles, Chicago, and Hawaii.
4. California Donuts in Los Angeles is definitely not your average donut shop. These are almost too cute to eat!
5. Of course Dominique Ansel Bakery in NYC made the list — this is the home of the original cronut!
6. And the number one most Instagrammed bakery in the nation is…. Café Du Monde in New Orleans, a mainstay in NOLA since 1862. Café Du Monde is renowned for their beignets and chicory coffee, and people line up down the street for these simple yet delicious treats.
To view the full list, head on over to Refinery29. Be warned though: it’s definitely going to make you hungry.
(Images via Instagram)