12 reasons why Jim Carrey’s Grinch stole my Christmas-loving heart
When I turned 6 years old, I called our local movie theater and asked if they were playing How the Grinch Stole Christmas, because I wanted to have my birthday party there (and I would settle for nothing less than the Grinch).
“Um. It’s February. Christmas was in December,” was the response that I got.
As a 6-year-old, I simply could not fathom why movie theaters did not play Christmas movies all year long. I mean, why wouldn’t you want to be holly and jolly 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and 365 days of the year?
Confession time: I still believe this as an adult. You will find me watching a Christmas movie in August. You will hear me quoting the Grinch in everyday conversations. And yes, you will hear me recommending Christmas movies no matter what time of the year it is. That’s just how I roll. *throws tinsel in the air*
For some reason, How the Grinch Stole Christmas has always been #1 on my list. It probably has something to do with the fact that JIM CARREY IS AMAZING IN THIS MOVIE. Also, the Grinch is a top-notch, baddie-turned-goodie character. Get ready for this goodness.
1. Have you ever heard anyone say the word “jazzercise” more perfectly?
Try saying the word “jazzercise” right now. I guarantee you it won’t sound as good.
2. The whole eating when bored thing? He gets it.
And he’s eating glass. He’s risking his life to make us all feel less alone in our habits. What more could you want?
3. The Grinch knows what it’s like to feel all the feels.
Don’t tell me you’ve never felt this way when you receive the most thoughtful holiday gift of all time.
4. He’s a god to introverts everywhere.
If the Grinch can leave his cave, then so can I! *pumps fist into the air à la Judd Nelson*
5. He nails our feels about getting ready to go out.
“BUT WHAT WILL I WEAR?!” It’s too relatable.
6. He perfectly captures what it’s like to look through old yearbooks.
We keep those things in the attic for a reason.
7. He always makes time for “me time.”
And that’s important (especially around the holidays).
8. He knows good work when he sees it.
Plus, he’s not afraid to give himself a pat on the back every now and then, especially when he builds an ENTIRE SLEIGH without any background knowledge in construction.
9. Like everyone else, he’s not a fan of awkward phone conversations.
Just think, we could all avoid those unwanted calls if we followed the Grinch’s lead.
10. He’s completely and utterly self-aware.
He knows his weaknesses and is not afraid to admit it. What a guy.
11. He never stops believing in true love.
Don’t pretend that you didn’t weep over their love story.
12. And. . . he turns out to be a good great guy in the end.
And, as a BONUS, I just found this and it’s kind of just amazing so I’m including it for Grinch lovers everywhere. You’re welcome.