It's Time to Make the Donuts: Dunkin' Donuts to Open Stores in SoCal
SERIOUSLY THE BEST NEWS EVER!
We did it, y’all! I’d like to think my ranting and raving about the lack of DD in Southern California was heard by the masses, the people in charge, and they said “We’re on it!”
Dunkin’ Donuts has officially signed franchise agreements with four franchise groups to open 45 stores in 2015 in LA and Orange County. This is officially huge news! Those stores will be the only ones in SoCal for now, but growth is always a possibility, especially with a juggernaut like DD.
To celebrate, I will share with you some of my favorite items on the menu.
1. THE COFFEE, DUH! I don’t know what it is, but Dunkin’ brews a mean pot of joe. For real. Straight up. Delicious. I love the plain coffee. I love the hazelnut coffee. I LOVE the coconut coffee (I know, coconut, who’d have thought). I love it with a turbo shot (espresso). I love the dark roast. I JUST LOVE IT AND MISSED IT WHEN I WAS IN CALI SO DRINK IT UP! Literally, one of my first stops when I came back East was to Dunkin’. No regrets. Play like a champion.
2. The Glazed Bowtie Donut: It’s just a honey glazed donut, but the bowtie shape adds a bit of whimsy. I’m a bit of a donut snob, and this one met my exceptionally high standards.
3. Ham/Egg/Cheese on English Muffin: I’m going to admit something embarrassing right now- I pretty much lived on these when I was in law school. I had evening classes and there weren’t too many food options close to school that were cheap. Pretty much got one of these every day before class (I had classes three times a week, FYI before you judge!) and chowed down. I wasn’t alone, the line at the DD across the street from school was always quite long in the switch between Day/Evening programs. We literally ran on Dunkin’.
4. Dunkin’ Hot Cocoa: My friends and I called this ‘Sex in a Cup’ in college, it is that good. No lies. And, dang if it didn’t always make me feel better, too.
5. Half Coffee/Half Cocoa: Do it, you won’t regret. See above.
6. The Egg White Veggie Flatbread: For the more health conscious eaters, though the H.E.C. combo isn’t too bad. This was a nice change once in a while, and you can get it with/without cheese.
Basically, I know a lot about the double-D, so if you have any questions, share them (and your excitement) below. And, for those of you who may have never had the opportunity to have Dunkin’, prepare yourselves! Your minds are about to be blown!
Featured Image: Dunkindonuts.com