It's National Mean Girls Day!: Mean-Girls-Inspired Ice Cream Flavors
The fetch-est day of the year is here: Happy National Mean Girls Day! HelloGiggles readers seem to love ice cream, so I thought I’d use this special occasion to present the first in a series of Mean-Girls-inspired flavors.
Brown Butter ice cream, perfect for an all-carb diet, is insanely creamy and full of flavor. It’s pretty grool and it’s also Regina George’s go-to dessert after her Thursday afternoon make out sessions with Shane Oman!
Recommended: Pair with a Kalteen Bar and Cranberry Juice Cocktail.
- Brown Butter “Is Butter a Carb?” Ice Cream
- By Scoopsies
- (makes 1 quart)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups cream
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat, stirring the pan frequently until butter turns dark golden brown. Let cool.
2. Mix cream, milk, sugar, and browned butter in a pan over medium heat until mixture starts to simmer.
3. Whisk eggs yolks in a bowl. Pour a few spoonfuls of the milk and cream batter into the egg yolks, stirring quickly so the mixture warms up.
4. Pour the eggs into the batter, remove from heat, and stir for at least 30 seconds. Mix in the vanilla extract.
5. Let cool for about 30 minutes. Cover mixture with plastic wrap, put in the fridge and let ripen overnight. Churn in an ice cream maker the next day and enjoy!
All photos and content are by Scoopsies, a Boston-based ice cream brand in the midst of a challenge to make 100 flavors in a year.