Coconut Macaroons.I love recipes that are delicious, yet easy to make — this recipe is both. When life is busy (and let’s be honest, it’s very busy) it’s nice to have go-to dishes you can whip-up in a flash.
Quick, easy, gluten & dairy-free, these Macaroons are the perfect cookie for the coconut lover.
Coconut Macaroons by Laura Friendly Start to Finish: 45 minutes Makes: about 20
- 5 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 cups vegan chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together egg whites, sugar, maple syrup, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in shredded coconut. Mixing well to fully coat the coconut. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Using a melon scoop, drop scoops of the coconut mixture onto the parchment paper.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven, between 15 to 20 minutes, until the cookies are lightly browned and slightly firm.
- Allow cookies to cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate.
- Dip the bottoms of the macaroons into the melted chocolate. Return the cookies to the lined baking sheets and refrigerate for about 5 minutes, until set.
All Images & Content are by Laura Friendly. This post is written and based on my personal experience and opinion on food. The information is not intended to replace professional medical counsel. Always seek the advice of your physician if you have a food allergy. And don’t forget to smile!