Attention everyone: It's Bring Your Own Cup Day at 7-Eleven!
Get your Slurpee-sized cups ready! Today, over seven thousand 7-Eleven stores across the country are allowing customers to BYOC and fill up on Slurpees.
For $1.49 you can fill up a fish bowl, cowboy boot, or teapot with the Slurpee flavor of your choice. According to USA Today, you could easily fit one gallon of fun-flavored slush into your container and only have to pay for the price of a medium cup…Huzzah!
So why is 7-Eleven encouraging BYOC? Because summer is coming and 7-Eleven just wants us to be happy and slushy!
There are, of course, a few limitations (we don’t want Slurpee Insanity on our hands):
– Even though most 7-Elevens are open 24 hours, BYOC goes from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
– A kiddy pool-sized Slurpee would be a joyous occasion, but way over the limit. You’ll have to be able to fit your cup in a 10″ diameter hole before filling up.
– Clean cups only. They won’t be inspecting with magnifying glasses, but just make sure the person in line behind you isn’t completely grossed out.
– No leakiness or drip-droppy-ness coming out your cup and onto the floor. The container has to be “air-tight.” No cheese graters or pasta strainers.
– One cup per happy customer.
So then this begs the question, what color tongue do you want?
There are the classic after-school favorites (Hawaiian Punch, Big Red) or one of their new flavors, like Dragon Fruit or Orange Crème. For the health conscious (it could be a lot of Slurpee), there are three sugar-free flavors: Mango, Cherry Limeade, or Watermelon Punch. Or get inspired by sand art and take an inch of each.
Keep track of everyone’s cup of choice via #BYOCUPDAY – I’m thinking a Central Perk-sized mug!