Summer is great fun, but serious heat can sometimes be a drag. That’s why it’s important to have refreshing cold treats on the go! You know, like popsicles. We’re not talking about just any popsicles, though. Today it’s all about these protein-packed BREAKFAST popsicles from the amazing Bolthouse Farms.
Ever had a Good Morning Icy Pop with berries, yoghurt, and honey? How about a Green Greek Smoothie Icy Pop with kale and avocado? No? Well, there’s a first time for everything. They’re super easy to make, and oh hey, we have the recipes right here!
Good Morning Icy Pop (pictured above and below) – Makes 6
2 cups Greek yogurt
3 tbsp. honey
15 oz. berry-based smoothie (e.g. Bolthouse Farms® Berries & Green Veggies)
1 cup granola
1. In a bowl, combine granola and 1 tbsp. honey.
2. In another bowl, combine and mix Greek yogurt and 2 tbsp. honey together.
3. Sprinkle granola into the tip of the pop mold – approx. ¼ up mold.
4. Add a dollop of the Greek yogurt blend into the mold, followed by a bit of the berry smoothie. Repeat this process until the mold is filled.
5. Tap the mold to remove any access air bubbles and force the smoothie blend into the tip of the mold with the granola.
6. Use a knife, or other kitchen utensil, to swirl the berry smoothie and Greek yogurt in the mold. Do not worry if you mix in some of the granola as part of this process.
7. Freeze for 3-4 hours.
The Green Greek Smoothie Icy Pop – Makes 6
1 ½ tsp. Matcha green tea powder
1-2 leaves kale (removing the stem)
24 oz. bottled green smoothie (e.g. Bolthouse Farms® Green Goodness®)
½ cup Greek yogurt
1 tbsp. honey
Optional: cocoa nibs
1. Combine the first 4 ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth. (If using coca nibs, add them in to the green smoothie mixture after blending.)
2. In a separate bowl, add the Greek yogurt and honey and mix together.
3. Pour the green smoothie into approx. ¾ of the pop mold.
4. Add a dollop of the Greek yogurt blend on top.
5. Use a knife, spoon or other kitchen utensil to push down and swirl the Greek yogurt mixture into the green smoothie.
6. Top pop mold with green smoothie blend and freeze for 3-4 hours.
We have no doubt that these gourmet popsicles will soon be a staple in your freezer, and for good reason! So listen, stay cool this summer and enjoy your sweet, heat-relieving breakfast (that conveniently comes in the form of your favorite childhood dessert).
Critical fact to remember, breakfast can be eaten at ANY time of the day.