These frozen pizza upgrades will help turn good pizza into something really great.
After tasting more than 70 different types of frozen pizza, we’ve come up with a list of the best frozen pizzas, as well as some genius hacks for turning the stuff into an over-the-top indulgence.
Here’s how to perk up your frozen pizza before you pop it into the oven:
1. Transform it into Cacio e Pepe. Top a white pie with finely grated pecorino cheese and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
2. Make pizza A La Vodka. Drizzle a classic cheese pie with jarred vodka sauce and top with shaved Parmesan.
3. Top it with krispy kale. Dress a few handfuls of torn curly kale with olive oil, salt, and pepper and place atop a white pie. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios right before serving.
Related article: Starbucks launches pink lattes in Japan
4. Dress it up with sprouts and cheese. Cover a cheese or white pie with shredded Brussels sprouts and drizzle with olive oil. When it comes out of the oven, hit it with grated Parmesan or pecorino, lemon zest and crushed red pepper (or go ahead and make it all from scratch).
5. Whip up Nonna’s favorite. Top a cheese pie with leftover baked ziti and cover with shredded mozzarella. Serve with pasta sauce on the side.
Or, try these tips after the pizza comes out of the oven:
1. Drizzle hot honey on top. Stir together equal parts Sriracha to honey and drizzle on a pepperoni pie. Add sliced jalapeños for a real slam-dunk.
2. Pep it up with spice. Add sliced Prosciutto and chopped pepperoncini to a margherita pie for some zing.
3. Add some Southern flair. Crumble BBQ potato chips on top of a margherita pie and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
4. Top it with a salad! Try a mound of arugula simply dressed with olive oil and lemon on a white or margherita pie. Or chopped romaine tossed with ranch dressing on cheese.
5. Get really cheesy. Tear a ball of Burrata over a margherita pie and drizzle with olive oil—add chopped anchovies for bonus points.
Love pizza as much as we do? Check out these finds.