Basil-Infused Olive Oil. Very simple to make, this fragrant olive oil adds a hint of basil to salads, scrambled eggs, or your favorite gluten-free bread.
Basil Olive Oil
by Laura Friendly
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
Makes: 1 cup
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 cup pure olive oil
- In a food processor, pulse together basil and oil. The texture should be coarse but well blended.
- Transfer into a small saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Simmer for about 1 minute, stirring continually.
- Pour oil through a fine-mesh strainer into a bowl. Using a spoon, press down on the basil squezzing out as much oil as possible.
- Cool completely and transfer to an airtight container. Store in a cool, dark place and enjoy!
Other Laura Friendly Treats:
All Images & Content are by Laura Friendly. This post is written and based on my personal experience and opinion on food. The information is not intended to replace professional medical counsel. Always seek the advice of your physician if you have a food allergy. And don’t forget to smile!