14 amazing gingerbread house ideas because it is officially that time of year
Now that Thanksgiving is over, it’s time to gear up for the next fun-filled holiday: Christmas! Woohoo! And what better way to prepare for the holidays than by creating some really amazing gingerbread houses?
That’s right, it’s time to get your DIY on. While many of us decorate Christmas trees and send out holiday cards (all while listening to awesome seasonal music) we think a fun way to celebrate the holidays would be to make a gingerbread house. The kookier the gingerbread house, the better. We even have a delicious gingerbread recipe for you!
Below are fifteen of our favorite gingerbread houses so far
1. A literal gingerbread castle
We want to go to there… and live there… and then eat our home.
2. Why yes, that is a gingerbread carousel
Look at all those delicate touches!
3. Tasty Beach House
For those of us who can’t get to the beach this cold winter, we can at least eat one.
4. An edible winter wonderland
We love how creative these chef/architects are with their colors!
5. A gingerbread barn
Now when your parents ask, “Were you raised in a barn?” You can reply, “I wish!”
6. These gingerbread animals are pretty cute
Even vegetarians might want to eat these cows.
7. A gingerbread mansion, porch included
We wouldn’t be smiling in this photo, we’d be stuffing our face.
8. This delicacy comes with dainty furniture
Well, this is just a work of art… and excellent interior design.
9. An edible Faerie Castle
Because even faeries need somewhere to live!
10. A town full of gingerbread houses
We have a feeling house upkeep won’t be that expensive.
11. This cottage is out of a storybook
Look at how realistic… yet how magical… this one is!
12. A classic gingerbread house
Oldie but goody. (See what we did there?)
13. Gingerbread nativity scene
Because isn’t this what the holiday is actually about?
14. Well, this one just takes the (gingerbread) cake
Look at those decks! And porches. And the shingles. Holy cow. Mic. Dropped.