8 sweet potato recipes that think outside the box — and are actually healthy
When many of us think sweet potatoes around the holidays, we think brown sugar, loads and loads of butter, and, of course, marshmallows. Shockingly enough, though sweet potatoes are actually super healthy! There are tons of reasons to love sweet potatoes, and their versatility is just one of ’em. The health benefits of sweet potatoes make them a perfect staple for your holiday meal, especially if you switch things up.
If you’re looking for a couple new ways to make sweet potatoes this holiday season, look no further! We’ve gathered some of the most delicious (and healthy!) sweet potato recipes so we can all try something new at our next food-filled gathering.
1. These sweet potatoes with almond butter and blueberries
2. These sweet potato wedges with yogurt, chia seeds, and cashew cardamom sprouted spread
3. This black bean and sweet potato bowl is so perfect for lunch!
4. These sweet potato flowers are oh so cute
5. These twice baked maple chipotle sweet potatoes with goat cheese and pumpkin seeds
6. These sweet potatoes with almond butter and cinnamon
7. And this epic sweet potato toast looks ah-mazing
8. These stuffed sweet potatoes look so, so filling
Good luck with these super yummy sweet potato recipes!