10 donut walls that your wedding brunch needs ASAP
We are OBSESSED with these edible, delectable walls of everyone’s favorite treat: DONUTS! Donuts are just meant to hang on hooks. Hammer some nails into some particle board or some pegs into some pegboard, and you’ve got yourself both a lovely backdrop and a generous goody station for your wedding brunch, or baby shower, or bridal shower, or birthday party.
Curate the colors – demure pinks and browns, cheerful sprinkles – select the frosting patterns – stripes and swirls – and you’ll look like a bonafide design pro with excellent taste.
1. Handmade donuts in dark hues create a rustic charm.
2. Neon frosting is perfect for your disco party.
3. Keep it classy with simple glazed donuts and a smattering of black, white and brown frostings.
4. Go simple-chic with strawberry and chocolate.
5. Show your love!
6. Mix it up with different colors and glazes.
7. Neon sprinkles! Is there anything happier?
8. Yes, we do want one.
9. Add a donut cake, and your wedding theme is complete.
10. If heaven were a dessert bar.
Now that you’ve gathered some inspiration (and an appetite), make your own! When you see how easy it is, you’ll wonder, like us, why you haven’t put one of these up at every gathering you’ve ever hosted. We want donut walls everywhere, wherever we go!
DIY DONUT PEGBOARD
Step 1: If painting the pegboard, lay it down on a protected surface. Paint and repeat with multiple coats until the color is even. Let dry.
Step 2: Mark the dowels at 3.5″ long.
Step 3: Cut down dowels with the sand saw.
Step 4: Sand the dowel ends to get a smooth finish.
Step 5: Insert the dowels into the pegboard and top with donuts.