Listening to FLOTUS' Spotify playlist all week long
It’s pretty obvious that our First Lady Michelle Obama has some SERIOUSLY good taste in music. Obviously, she can dance like no one’s business, as she’s proved on Ellen. . . and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. . . twice. Plus, she’s said in the past that she pretty much wants to be Beyoncé. (Us too, FLOTUS. Us too.)
So naturally, the First Lady’s Day of the Girl playlist on Spotify would start with Beyonce’s “Run the World (Girls),” because who run the world? GIRLS. That’s exactly what our First Lady wanted to convey in her fab compilation of music celebrating International Day of the Girl this past weekend. The playlist also is meant to spread awareness of #62MillionGirls, FLOTUS’s recent campaign meant to highlight girls all over the world who aren’t in school.
And what better way to raise awareness about an incredibly important cause than by creating a super inspiring jam-list of girl-power anthems that get us up on our feet?
We’re talking hits by our faves Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj, and Jessie J, just to name a few. FLOTUS proved her extensive knowledge on empowering tunes by including Alicia Keys’ “Girl on Fire,” TLC’s “No Scrubs,” Aretha Franklin’s “Respect,” and Destiny’s Child’s “Survivor” (because there’s no such thing as too much Beyoncé, and our First Lady knows it). Here’s the full list of the tracks, so put that baby on and be prepared to rock out, because after all, girls run the world.
- Run the World (Girls) – Beyoncé
- Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Diana Ross
- Doubt – May J. Blige
- When The Day Comes – Nico & Vinz
- Girl on Fire – Alicia Keys
- On The Sunny Side Of The Street—Billie Holliday
- A Little Party Never Killed Nobody (All We Got) – Fergie
- Confident – Demi Lovato
- Bravo – Ledisi
- No Scrubs – TLC
- Survivor – Destiny’s Child
- Defying Gravity – Kristin Chenoweth, Idina Menzel
- Bang, Bang – Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj
- Black Gold – Esperanza Spalding
- Doo Wop (That Thing) – Lauryn Hill
- Back to Basics – From “Pitch Perfect 2” Soundtrack – The Barden Bellas
- Given Em What They Love – Janelle Monáe feat. Prince
- My Shot – Hamilton (Original Broadway Cast Recording)
- And I Am Telling You I’m Not Going – Jennifer Hudson
- Respect – Aretha Franklin
Listen to the whole thing right here.
(Image via EllenTube/NBC.)