You can now make your own edible galaxy cookie dough, and thank the cosmos
Delicious edible cookie dough is all the rage. There are whole cookie dough cafes in New York dedicated to offering all the raw cookie dough you can eat. While not everyone can make it to NYC for a visit, everyone can definitely make cookie dough at home — after all, we’ve all made a cookie or two in our day.
If you’ve been sneaking a taste of the dough for years, you’ll know that sometimes it’s the best part of baking. Now you can finally have it all, with this instantly Instagram-able edible galaxy cookie dough recipe. There are no raw eggs involved, but there are lots of sprinkles and chocolate chips to make it feel like you’re biting into a real galaxy. Scoop it onto a cone like it’s ice cream and don’t forget to take a photo.
Enjoy the video and recipe below.
Edible Galaxy Cookie Dough
Serves 6 to 8 (serving size: about 1/4 cup)
Active 30 min. Total 45 min.
2 cups (about 8 1/2 oz.) all-purpose flour
1 cup (8 oz.) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
4 Tbsp. whole milk
1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
Assorted food coloring gel (such as teal, magenta, purple, navy blue, electric blue)
1 cup rainbow candy sprinkles
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread flour onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in preheated oven 10 minutes, and let cool 5 minutes.
2. Beat together butter, both sugars, and salt with an electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
3. Add milk and vanilla, and beat on low speed until combined. Gradually add flour. Increase speed to medium-high, and beat until combined, about 1 minute.
4. Divide mixture into 5 equal portions. Add a different color food coloring gel to each portion, and stir each until desired color is reached. Chill dough 10 minutes.
5. Using a 1-tablespoon ice cream scoop or heaping tablespoon measure, spoon different colored dough scoops side-by-side on a clean work surface to form a sheet of multi-color dough. Once all dough is scooped, scatter half of the sprinkles and half of the chocolate chips on top. Cut dough in half. Gently fold each half of dough in half, making a sandwich (sprinkles and chocolate chips will be in the middle). Place the 2 sections of dough into a loaf pan, and sprinkle top with remaining sprinkles and chocolate chips. Chill 5 minutes before serving.