This DIY rainbow message board will immediately upgrade your Instagram game
Nowadays, you can’t open Instagram without seeing photo of a message board with something clever and cheeky written on it. Our favorites are the ones that announce it’s “wine o’clock” somewhere or encourage eating more tacos.
Message boards are photogenic and inspiring, and it’s easier than you might think to make your own customized DIY version. Everyone seems to have the same millennial pink board, but with this quick video tutorial, you can make one with literally all the colors of the rainbow, or just the color combo that inspires you most.
With some felt, glue, and a frame, you’ll be able to post motivating quotes for yourself, your roommates, and your social followers. So what are you waiting for? DIY not?
DIY Rainbow Message Board
Felt (6-10 colors)
Quick dry craft glue or hot glue
Picture frame (9″ x 12″ or 12″ x 16″)
Letters for a felt board
1. Cut a piece of corrugated cardboard to fit the picture frame.
2. If using 9 different colors on a 12″ x 16″ frame, cut each piece of felt to 2.5″ by 12″.
3. Glue the felt to the corrugated cardboard one slot at a time, pressing a ruler in between the slots.
4. Remove the glass from the picture frame and place the felt board inside.
5. Add a message with felt board letters.