This DIY geode jewelry hanger will give your rings and necklaces their own crystals to love
If you’re anything like us, all your jewelry is in a box where you often forget about it. Once in a while you may remember and try to wear something special, but then you find it’s in a tangled mess. You know, probably because you left it in a box.
Geodes are the prettiest DIY you can literally grow. Borax and water left overnight will eventually crystalize into any color you want with a little food dye. Seal it with gold paint and nail polish coating and ta-da: the most beautiful geodes. A geode jewelry hanger makes displaying your necklaces tangle-free and twice as beautiful.
Watch the video below and follow the instructions to make at home.
Geode Jewelry Hanger
White or iridescent pipe cleaner
Fishing line or other string
1/3 cup Borax
1 1/2 cups Boiling Water
Liquid gold leaf
Permanent craft glue
Sawtooth picture hanger
1. Coil the pipe cleaner into a circle. Tie a string of fishing line to the pipe cleaner.
2. Hold the fishing line with the pipe cleaner next to the glass jar to see where to tie it to the popsicle stick so the pipe cleaner isn’t touching the jar.
3. Add 1/3 cup of borax to the jar and 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Stir until the borax is dissolved. Add about 20 drops of food coloring. Repeat the process make 3-4 more geodes. The borax and water measurements do not have to be exact.
4. Place the pipe cleaners in the jars and let them sit undisturbed overnight.
5. Remove the geodes from the jars and let dry.
6. Paint liquid gold leaf around the edge of the geodes.
7. Spray paint the wood board and let dry.
8. Use a hammer to nail the sawtooth picture hanger to the center of the back of the board.
9. Glue the geodes to the wood board and let dry.