These cupcake bath bombs look good enough to eat, but don’t do it! Instead, bathe in ’em! If you’ve ever dreamed of soaking in an actual rainbow, well, now you can.
These DIY bath bombs are very simple to make with only a few ingredients that you can pick up easily online or in a store. The best part of making these? Choosing the colors you want your epic bath to be. Once the bath bombs have dried, you can treat yourself to the technicolor bath you deserve.
Seriously, this might be the closest to unicorn magic that exists. Don’t forget to share the wealth and gift these to your friends! Just remind them they’re not edible, despite looking delicious.
2 cups baking soda
1 cup cream of tartar
1/2 cup epsom salt
2 tablespoons almond oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essential oil
3/4 tablespoon water
Gel food coloring
Silicone cupcake liners
Gift wrap (optional)
1. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl: baking soda, cream of tartar, and epsom salt.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the wet ingredients: almond oil, vanilla essential oil, and water.
3. Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients while stirring with your hands. If too much water is added at once, the baking soda will begin to fizz.
4. If the mixture doesn’t reach the desired consistency (sticking together like wet sand), add more water using a spray bottle.
5. Divide the mixture into 4 parts, or more, depending on how many different colors you would like the bath bomb to be. Add pink, yellow, blue and purple gel food coloring to each and stir thoroughly.
6. Line the cupcake pan with silicone cupcake liners. Scoop the colors in as desired to achieve multicolored layers.
7. Pack down the mixture. Use your palm to round the top of the cupcake. Add star sprinkles.
8. Let dry 24-48 hours.