These DIY crystal soaps will make your next bath unbelieva-bubble
Raise the bar on bar soap with these gorgeous DIY cleansing crystals. Perfect for gifting to friends or simply adding a whimsical flair to your shower shelves, these soaps not only look gorgeous but will also leave you smelling fresh and crystal clean.
With only a clear base, a silicone mold, and some essential oils, you’ll be ready to make your own soapy version of rose quartz, amethyst, or the tie-dye rainbow crystal of your dreams. We know we’d “lather” use these enchanting gems in our bath time routine!
DIY Crystal Soaps
1/2 lb. Clear soap base (glycerin soap base or other clear soap base)
Essential oil or soap scent oil
Microwave safe pitcher
Silicone soap mold
Liquid soap dye
1. Cut the soap base into small cubes.
2. Place in a microwave-safe pitcher and microwave for 1 minute. If not fully melted, microwave for 15 second increments until melted.
3. Add scented oil (optional).
4. Pour melted soap into silicone mold. Add 3 drops of each soap color on opposite sides of the mold, choosing similar colors that will mix well. Swirl with a toothpick to spread out the dye and marbleize the colors.
5. Wait 3 hours for the soap to harden or wait 30 minutes and then place in the fridge to harden faster.
6. Pop out the soap from the mold and cut into rectangles.
7. Cut a flat base and form a crystal shape by cutting the corners off and cutting a point at one end.
8. Pour more melted soap base into a silicone mold, filling it about 1/2 inch. Add crystal-shaped soap in and let harden for 1 hour.