This DIY cat eraser will turn your old lip balm container into your cutest school supply
Whether you’re going back to school this fall or not, there’s nothing like fresh school supplies. A new journal or pack of colorful pens can make you feel like you’re starting a new chapter, ready to get organized and take on another year. It’s even better when those new supplies are cute, and what could be cuter than a DIY cat eraser?
This simple eraser, made with a lip balm container and polymer clay, is the perfect writing companion, whether you’re studying for finals or taking some time to journal. No one likes making mistakes, but every time you erase yours with this cat eraser, you’ll be reminded that it’s okay not to be purr-fect.
DIY Cat Eraser
Round lip balm container
Permanent oil-based paint markers
1. Twist together two or three colors of eraser clay and roll into a ball slightly larger than will fit into the lid of the lip balm container.
2. Place the ball in the lid. Separate the two container base pieces by wedging a knife between them.
3. Push the small piece with triangle-shaped grates into the eraser clay ball, lining it up correctly with the lid.
4. Pull out the grating piece with the eraser stuck to it.
5. Scrape out the extra clay in the grated base. Freeze the eraser with the grated base for 10 minutes.
6. Remove the eraser from the grated base. Place on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
7. Mold two small pieces of polymer clay into ear shapes with curved bases. Place them on the lip balm lid to make sure they’re the right shape.
8. Bake the erasers and the polymer clay ears for 30 minutes at 230 degrees F.
9. Glue the eraser to the grated base piece and let dry.
10. Glue the ears to the lid. Draw a cat face with permanent oil-based paint markers.