Stress less this summer by wearing these adorable DIY aromatherapy ice cream necklaces
It’s not summer without devouring an ice cream cone or two. There’s something about ice cream, whether you’re picking out a pint from the store or visiting a shop and grabbing a freshly made waffle cone, that’s always a tiny bit of a stress (and heat) reliever. If you find that ice cream is a little trip to the spa for you, then you’ll definitely want to try these actual aromatherapy ice cream necklaces.
These ice cream cone necklaces are equal parts relaxing and adorable. Making this jewelry will be craft therapy already, but once around your neck, you’ll realize just how calming they are. Just by adding a few drops of your favorite essential oils, you can get that ice cream therapy whereever you go (probably to the nearest ice cream parlor).
Watch the video below to find out how to make your own.
DIY Aromatherapy Ice Cream Necklaces
Small pom poms
Head pin loop
Chain, Clasp (or an existing necklace chain)
Essential oil (Lavender, Bergamot, Rose, and Clary Sage are all great for de-stressing.)
1. Take a small amount of polymer clay and roll it into a cone shape.
2. Use dental floss to imprint lines like a waffle cone.
3. Place the cones on parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes at 275 degrees F.
4. Add glue to a headpin loop and push it into a pom pom.
5. Glue the ice cream pom pom to the cone. Allow to dry.
6. Add a jump ring to the headpin loop.
7. Add to a necklace chain, or make your own necklace chain by adding a jump ring and clasp at one end and another jump ring at the other end of the chain.