It was a strong year for Instagram. From inspiring women to artists to DIY wonders, we found tons of amusement, information, and awesomeness in these fantastic accounts.
1. napkinapocalypse: Here is a fashion designer with dogs, hawks, and babies. Her posts are weird but oh-so-wonderful.
A video posted by ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀こーとにー qwerteni ☻ ☹ (@napkinapocalypse) on Oct 31, 2015 at 12:15pm PDT
2. kellyoxford: Author Kelly Oxford’s Instagram continues to bring us daily joy, whether she’s showing us hilarious (seriously, so effing funny) moments with her kids, posting choice news clips, or wondering what her pets are thinking.
A photo posted by kellyoxford (@kellyoxford) on Sep 26, 2015 at 4:09pm PDT
A photo posted by yung kwanzaa (@museummammy) on Nov 11, 2015 at 6:34pm PST
4. seblester: Any time you’re feeling stressed, just watch some of these super calming calligraphy videos.
A video posted by Seb Lester (@seblester) on Dec 15, 2015 at 5:57am PST
5. lefooding: Le Fooding is a French culinary group and their posts are straight-up gastronomical porn. While they re-gram many meals from Paris, they also feature delicious dishes from around the world.
A photo posted by Le Fooding (@lefooding) on Nov 29, 2015 at 6:47pm PST
6. carnivorr: Here’s another one for hungry eyes. This Barnard student posts fantastic pics of her food adventures in NYC and L.A.
A photo posted by Kaitlin (Carniv)Orr (@carnivorr) on Dec 17, 2015 at 8:17am PST
If you ask someone to bring you cookies for breakfast and they refuse, that person is probably your Mom. If they agree, that person is probably your best friend (or will be). And if someone brings you cookies for breakfast without you even asking, congratulations. You have officially tricked another human being into falling in love with you. On my last day in New York, I realized from the moment I woke up that I would be leaving behind an A+ boyfriend. Not only did Josh bring me breakfast in bed, but he had purchased the kind of sparkly, specifically themed cookies that most 22 year-old boys wouldn’t be caught dead with. As he sat down on the edge of the bed, he handed me a plate and grinned. “I called in sick to work this morning so that we can spend the day together. Today we’re going to do everything you’ve always wanted to do in New York, starting with–well, you probably already know.” And he winked. If my life were a rom com, I would have winked, too, and said something suave and conspiratorial, like “Are you thinking what I’m thinking…?” Then cue the 80s fun montage. Instead I just stared at him blankly. “Are there more of these Taxi cookies?” I asked. “Get dressed,” said Josh. “We’re going on an adventure.” To Be Continued #adventuregrams
A photo posted by Caroline Calloway (@carolinecalloway) on Apr 12, 2014 at 5:06pm PDT
8. drakeoncake: It’s exactly what it sounds like, and it is glorious.
A photo posted by @drakeoncake on Dec 15, 2015 at 12:12pm PST
9. petesouza: The name Pete Souza probably sounds familiar — he’s the official White House photographer. His Instagram manages to make presidential life feel familiar and intriguing at the same time.
A photo posted by Pete Souza (@petesouza) on Dec 12, 2015 at 3:13pm PST
10. quarterlifepoetry: Hilarious poems and illustrations about the mess that is twentysomething life.
A photo posted by Quarter Life Poetry (@quarterlifepoetry) on Dec 18, 2015 at 10:10am PST
11. jamieleereardin: This young fashion artist works for Dior and creates incredibly beautiful Tim Burton-esque illustrations.
A photo posted by Jamie Lee Reardin (@jamieleereardin) on Nov 19, 2015 at 10:49am PST
12. jessronagrooming: Slow-motion dog grooming videos to brighten your day.
A video posted by JessRonaGrooming (@jessronagrooming) on Dec 18, 2015 at 1:07am PST
13. kimkardashian: Kim K’s Insta is a bit of a guilty pleasure for us but there’s definitely something to be said about a woman who posts honest admissions about her body, both when she’s embracing it and feeling down about it.
A photo posted by Kim Kardashian West (@kimkardashian) on Nov 16, 2015 at 4:23pm PST
14. bleachlondon: Bleach is a London salon famous for their mastery of rainbow hair. Their feed is a treasure trove of hairspiration, whether you’re looking to make a change or not.
A photo posted by BLEACH (@bleachlondon) on Sep 1, 2015 at 1:41pm PDT
A photo posted by Christina Brown (@lovebrownsugar) on Oct 8, 2015 at 2:03pm PDT
16. taylorswift: If you couldn’t score tickets to the “1989” tour, at least you could sorta experience it through Taylor’s Instagram.
A photo posted by Taylor Swift (@taylorswift) on Nov 11, 2015 at 6:12am PST
17. studiodiy: The ultimate in DIY inspiration.
A photo posted by Kelly Mindell (@studiodiy) on Nov 15, 2015 at 6:31pm PST
18. feministthoughtbubble: This Instagram artists draws “women who don’t buy into your casual sexist BS,” highlighting quotes from ladies making a difference. #righton.
Today’s #wcw is Alice Bowman, one of the scientists behind NASA’s recent Pluto flyby; she is the first female Mission Operations Manager of the Applied Physics Laboratoy at Johns Hopkins. The above quote is from an interview with CBS. Since she was a child, Bowman has been fascinated with space exploration; though she started out in the defense industry, she says that she has always known she would end up in the field like her childhood heroes from Star Trek and Lost in Space. Women make up 25 percent of the New Horizons mission responsible for the Pluto approach in July. idea credits to @janiewas.here !
A photo posted by Feminist Thought Bubble (@feministthoughtbubble) on Aug 12, 2015 at 5:42pm PDT