14 too-real thoughts you have when you're at Target in January
If you popped into a Target a day or two after Christmas, you probably noticed that Holiday Target left as swiftly as it came. It’s as though the most magical time of the year was never even here! Practically over night, the lit up trees were taken down and put away, wreaths disappeared from their shelves, and all the chic holiday decor was replaced with pyramids of champagne bottles. And now, it’s even worse. Not only is Holiday Target a thing of the past, but there are aisles and aisles dedicated to Valentine’s Day candy and candles and UGH, these are some dark times, people.
If you’re a die-hard Target shopper, you’re probably just as devastated as I am, and these are just 14 of the many agonizing thoughts you’ve had while wishing it could just be December again:
1. It’s January 1st and WHY ARE THERE PINK HEARTS EVERYWHERE THIS IS NOT RIGHT.
2. I miss Christmas.
3. These Valentine’s Day candles are pretty cute, though.
4. Wait, umbrellas and deck decor is out already, HOW DARE YOU TARGET.
5. Swimsuits, too? Literally I can’t even walk across the floor in my apartment without three layers of socks on, Target.
6. Valentine’s Day candy is just not as fun as holiday candy, admit it.
7. Okay, but I’ll take three of those Oh Joy! vases thankyouverymuch.
8. Can it at least be Halloween Target again?
9. Or Back To School Target?
10. January Target is the worst.
11. I should have bought 50% off holiday wrapping paper when I had the chance.
12. At least this pumpkin bar mix is so on sale, it’s basically free.
13. *Looks at line for the return lane* OKAY maybe I’ll return this rug next year.
14. Only eleven more months until Holiday Target comes back! I’m not counting down the days or hours or seconds or anything.