12 reasons we can't wait for 'Deadpool'
If you thought the 12 Days of Christmas was pretty cool, just wait ’til you hear about the 12 Days of Deadpool. He might not be gifting us a partridge in a pear tree, but that’s OK. The other treats he has in store for us are so much better.
Since nothing screams “Christmas!” like “Deadpool!,” every day for the next week, leading right up to the 25th, there’ll be a jolly new piece of Deadpool information released to the world. Saint Wade Wilson has so many treats in store for us, like new posters, video teasers, and yes, we’ll find a full-length trailer underneath the tree on Christmas morning. How did Deadpool know that’s exactly what we wanted this year?
Already a new movie poster has been released (it’s… typical Deadpool), and for day two instead of turtle doves, we got Ryan Reynolds himself posing with a giant Deadpool cardboard display. You might have seen them at your local movie theater over the last month; it’s very reminiscent of a Santa meet-and-greet. Because Deadpool is the “other jolly guy in a red suit with a lap worth sitting on.”
Excited for this movie yet? If not, there’s still a whole week left of Deadpool goodies to get you in the spirit. Here are just some of the reasons we’re excited already.
1. The 12 Days of Deadpool video sets the mood for what’s to come. If the whole movie like this, we’re sold.
2. Reynolds is the perfect Deadpool. Conveniently enough, he’s already played Deadpool before in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. But go ahead and forget everything about that. Reynolds is here to reboot the character that he first originated on the big screen. Makes sense.
3. It’s going to be very gritty. If you’ve seen the first trailer for the movie, you know that this isn’t going to be your typical superhero movie. It’s going to be very raw.
4. Deadpool will be the first R-rated superhero movie to come from a classic Marvel property. It’s not exactly rated R yet, but there’s no doubt that it will be rated R. Deadpool is called “the merc with a mouth” for a reason. He’s going to swear. A LOT.
5. It’s also going to be very funny. He’s also called the merc with a mouth because he loves to mouth off. We’re going to get a wisecracking masked vigilante, which is something our world greatly needs.
6. The Deadpool spoofs have so far been the best. With his tongue firmly in cheek, Deadpool has released a handful of images showing him doing everything from Thanksgiving dinner, to lying on a bear-skin rug in front of the fire, and even assisting with a birth!
7. He’s pansexual, and that’s awesome. In an interview, director Tim Miller insisted on being quoted regarding the fact that Deadpool will be pansexual with fluid sexuality!!
8. The 4th wall will be broken. In the comics, Deadpool is known for talking directly to readers. That’s going to translate over to the screen. Will it be a little weird and jarring? Maybe. But Reynolds will be talking directly to us, so that’s fine.
9. A man after our own heart, Deadpool loves tacos. He also really enjoys pancakes.
10. The rest of the cast is awesome, too. Reynolds isn’t the only one we’re excited about. Morena Baccarin plays Wade’s girlfriend, and funny guy T.J. Miller is his best friend.
11. The movie links up to the X-Movies. As in, Colossus from X-Men: Days of Future Past makes an appearance again. Hopefully that’s just the beginning.
12. It’s the perfect Valentine’s Day movie. Deadpool opens on February 12th, 2016. It sounds like it’ll be the perfect movie to take your loved one to.
(Image via Facebook.)