10 Times Taylor Swift Was the Coolest Cat Lady Ever
If you’re obsessed with Taylor Swift, you know she’s equally obsessed with her little feline Meredith, who, incidentally, was named after a character on Grey’s Anatomy. Swift, who has “no time for guys” right now, has been spending most of her time on the road or at home with her furry friend. That means her fans are getting lots of precious time with Meredith as well, thanks to Instagram. Swift’s cat obsession is part of what makes her so darn charming. We love to see a superstar owning her cat lady persona. In fact, we love it so much, we made a list of Swift’s finest feline moments on social media. Here you go:
10. When she decorated her phone with cat stickers
What’s cuter than a kitty? A smartphone with cats plastered all over it. Who needs a real phone cover when you can have this?
9. When she accepted a 20-minute staredown with Meredith
Two months ago, Swift Instagramed this photo with the caption, “This has been going on for 20 minutes and I even took a picture and it is still going on. #CatStaredown #MerStare.” I guess this is the face of true love!
8. When she got Meredith to move her ears back
Another Instagram post entails Swift instructing Meredith to pull her ears back. The cat obeys, prompting her loyal owner to giggle and say, “That’s the one trick she does.” Pretty good trick, if you ask me.
7. When Meredith grabbed her custom-made dress
Before last month’s Met Ball, Swift tweeted, “That moment when your cat casually walks up,then abruptly ATTACKS your custom satin Oscar de la Renta gown during your fitting for [the] Met Ball.” Maybe leave Meredith at home for the next one! She’s not ready for big affairs like this yet.
6. When she chose to party with her cat after the Grammy’s
While other Grammy attendees went out drinking following the ceremony last year, Swift came home to this, “Video shoot early tomorrow, so my Grammy after-party situation looks like………” After parties are so overrated anyway!
5. That other time she just hung out with her cat
Because this is way better company than any celebrity.
4. When she watched the Olympics with her cat
Side note: I want this room!
3. When she got home late and Meredith was all, “WHERE WERE YOU?!”
Won’t happen again!
2. When she watched Titanic with Meredith
1. When she labeled herself a cat lady
Swift is very self-aware.