10 Signs That You've Found Your Bestie Soulmate
It’s a great feeling to have a bestie – or “best friend” if the new lingo isn’t your thing. Or a “BeFri”, if you have those best friend necklaces that split apart in the middle. Regardless of the term, a bestie always has your back. They’ve seen you through the awkward stages of life (you know, when you got that round brush stuck to your scalp after attempting a makeover) as well as the great ones (you finally learned how to use round brushes!)
Here are ten signs that you’ve found your bestie soulmate. The one that will give an excellent toast at your wedding, without embarrassing you in front of your new family and possibly your coworkers. And your new spouse. And – well, the entire catering staff.
1. You’re an honorary member of her family. When they have family events, you’re automatically invited. Even better, you don’t feel weird or uncomfortable opening their fridge. If a tragedy strikes, it hits you hard as well.
You’re almost like an adopted member of her family, and don’t think it’s weird at all to be friends with your besties’ parents on Facebook. They’re pretty much your second set of parents, and they’re completely comfortable with taking on the role.
2. If you haven’t seen her in a while, you can pick up right where you left off. You understand that people get busy, and never take it personally. It’s never a question as to whether or not you did something to secretly piss her off. Since if you did, she would have felt safe enough to bring it up with you right after it happened.
3. You trust her opinion – about everything. From relationships to clothes, you know your bestie is doing her best to look out for you. While you might not always agree with her point of view, you definitely take her advice seriously.
4. You’ve adopted a few of her mannerisms, completely by accident. Being around each other has its perks.
Let’s just hope you’ve picked up on her love of reading the book before seeing the movie adaptation, and not her bad habit of forgetting to shut off the oven, or locking her keys in the car.
5. Almost everything in life has some relation to a private joke you’ve had with her. And while it’s sweet, it’s just super tough to explain why you’re cracking up like a maniac over a totally innocent sentence someone else muttered. Especially at work.
6. You don’t need to ask her if she wants to see a certain movie with you. Since, of course she does – it’s a given. You silently agreed to it after you saw a trailer for the movie at the last movie you saw together. It’s just a matter of if you want to catch a matinee or a late night show this Saturday. And, should you Fandango tickets just to make sure it’s not sold out?
7. Sometimes you text or message each other at exactly the same time. I’ve had this happen a few times, and it’s a magical experience. For example: my friend Gina and I messaged each other about the Tom Cruise/Katie Holmes breakup less than a second apart. Even weirder, neither of us are necessarily fond of either of them. We just knew that the other person would be interested in the gossip.
8. You don’t have to do anything to have fun. Sure, going to dance in the club is fun. But know what else is fun? Driving around the neighborhood with your bestie. You know you have a soulmate when your venue doesn’t necessarily make or break the night you’ll have. Even if you have no specific plan in mind, something fun will come together when the two of you meet up.
9. Your bestie always makes sure you’re safe. Have you ever been in a situation where you went out with a group, but left solo? Or, you witnessed a friend talking to a creepy dude whose body language gives you a bad vibe? Or maybe you had a drink too many, and your designated driver is nowhere to be found? Bad situations, ladies. But it can happen, and probably has. Your best friend will always have your best interests at heart. You’ll be able to visually tell if she’s uncomfortable, and she’ll read your signs as well. You know that as long as you have each other, you’ll be safe. Knowing the importance of looking out for each other is an insanely important best friend trait. It’s an important trait in general, to be honest.
10. She embraces your weirdness. Sure, you might be a little off.
You may be in your mid-20’s but still have a favorite Sanrio character without shame. Your friend doesn’t think it’s stupid – in fact, she only builds up your creative mind. It’s important to embrace your goofy side regardless of your age, or stage of your career. She probably has a similar sense of humor as you do, and you love her for it.
Do you and your bestie fit the list? Tell us about him or her in the comments!