Today in terrifying: This girl has an iPhone-shaped burn scar

Apparently, shopping for a new case for your iPhone has a serious element of danger. That’s what one family in England learned in a very terrifying way.

Recently, mom Karly Retter took to Facebook to share a picture of her daughter’s leg that had been severely burned. . . from her iPhone 5C. Her nine-year-old daughter, Olivia, snuck the phone into her room and fell asleep.

“Olivia is not supposed to have her phone in her bedroom at night but she sneaked it in and had it in her bed, so she fell asleep with it touching her leg,” Karly told The Mirror. “She woke up in the middle of the night and came into my room and said her leg was hurting — I just thought she was being silly and sent her back to bed.”

However, the pain was coming from a nasty burn on her leg. “I was so shocked a phone case could do that,” Karly told The Mirror. “Doctors have said it is a severe chemical burn and she will be scarred for life. I can’t believe it, she will have a scar in the shape of a phone on her leg.”

// < ![CDATA[ //