A French fitness blogger was killed by an exploding can of whipped cream, and this is what you should know to stay safe

We never like to report sad news, but in this case we’re hoping it could help save lives. French fitness blogger Rebecca Burger was killed by an exploding can of whipped cream while at home this past weekend, and her family is trying to spread the word about the device that caused the tragic accident.

The 33-year-old, who had over 174,000 followers on Instagram, was at home this past weekend when she suffered cardiac arrest due to blunt force to her chest. The trauma was caused by an exploding canister of whipped cream (the kind used to make whipped cream from scratch). Paramedics were able to revive her heartbeat, but Burger later died at the hospital.

Her family then shared a photo of the make and model of the canister that malfunctioned on Rebecca’s Instagram feed, so that others would know to be careful of the product.

The translated message (translated by the The Independent) reads:

“Here is an example of a siphon that exploded and crashed into Rebecca’s chest, causing her death. The siphon which caused her death was sealed. Don’t use this product in your homes! Tens of thousands of the faulty devices are already in circulation.

Our hearts are going out to Bergen’s family and loved ones during what we’re sure is an incredibly difficult time. We so appreciate that they’re using the tragedy, as well as Rebecca’s large internet following, to educate as many people as possible about this potential danger. We have a feeling their actions just may save some lives.