Festive Special! Simple, Sleek yet Sparkly Christmas Make-Up Tutorial!
This week’s tutorial is an easy-to-do, festive look. All you need is some gold eyeshadows, a good foundation, highlighter, mascara and red lipstick!
1. Apply foundation/concealer to the face and eyelids.
2. Dot/brush highlighter on your cheekbones, your brow bone, the inner corner of your eyes, down the centre of your nose and on your cupids bow – to ensure an angelic glow! I used Lush Cosmetic’s ‘Feeling Younger’ as a highlighter.
3. I recommend using two gold eyeshadows: A dark bronzy gold, and a lighter creamy gold. Apply the darker/stronger gold shadow to the centre of your eyelid and blend out and up towards the brow bone. I used Lush Cosmetic’s cream eyeshadow in ‘Happiness’ on my lid and MAC ‘Sunday Best’ above the crease. Use your fingers to apply/blend a cream eyeshadow and a brush for powder.
4. Apply mascara/eyeliner. Blend a blusher/bronzer underneath your cheekbones for a healthy, festive glow.
5. Use a lipliner to line lips in preparation for a red lipstick. To get the perfect shape on your cupids bow, do a cross shape.
6. Line the rest of your lips and apply a red lipstick. Add lashings of clear gloss for a fresh, juicy look. I used a red lipstick topped with Soap and Glory’s Motherpucker lipgloss.
If you wish to add liquid eyeliner to the look, here’s my tutorial for perfect flicked eyeliner!
To see how I get my eyebrows this way, view my eyebrow tutorial!
Featured image via ShutterStock