Valentine's Edition: Flirty, Smokey Winged Eye!
This week I’ll be showing you an incredibly easy way to get a flirty, smokey winged eye make up effect that’s perfect for a date night, a party or even drinks with friends. It’s a great way of getting a sex kitten-esque winged eye but in a subtle, soft way. This look is very reminiscent of Brigitte Bardot and Zooey Deschanel’s eye make-up style!
1. Prime eyelids and add a peachy toned eyeshadow to your eyelid. Add a lighter golden shadow on your brow bone to really open up your eyes.
2. Getting as close to the lash line as you can, use a gel, liquid or a sharp kohl eyeliner to line your eye. Don’t worry about being too neat with this, as the following steps will disguise a wonky line!
3. Next draw a slanted line that extends from the outer corner of your eye. The length and angle of this line will determine your final ‘flick’.
(To view my step-by-step flicked liquid eyeliner tutorial click here)
4. Next, get a small eyeshadow brush (an angled one or just a precise one) and load it with brown or grey shadow. Tap off the excess, and apply directly over the line you made with eyeliner.
5. When you get the part of the eyeliner that starts to angle off, using a slightly fluffier brush, blend in more eyeshadow.
6. Using a blending brush, buff this shadow into the ‘flick’.
Add mascara and you’re good to go!
This look is so versatile and works equally well with a red lip, a pink lip or a nude lip.
Looking for more date night make-up ideas?
To view my tips for the illusion of bigger eyes, click here!
To view my groomed eyebrow tutorial, click here!
For a Kat Von D inspired smokey eye, click here!
To view my cut crease, 1960s inspired tutorial, click here!