11 times Forever 21 hilariously contradicted itself
Our relationship Forever 21, is, let’s say…complicated. On the one hand, they seem to do some pretty shady things. On the other, we admit to shopping there. Much like our feelings, the retailer flip-flops a lot in its messaging, which, we’re realizing, is downright hilarious when you look at its contradictions up close.
1. Like when they encouraged you to embrace your inner basic bitch. Until they told you not to.
2. WELL WHICH WAY DID SHE WAKE UP?? INQUIRING MINDS WANT TO KNOW.
3. This pretty much sums up every time the popular girl waved to you in the cafeteria, only for you to realize she was actually waving to the person behind you.
4. HAHAH OMG I LOVE SO MANY BOYS OH WAIT JKJK.
5. Taken together, this tells the story of someone’s failing attempt to curb social media addiction.
6. You could walk around boasting what you value most (love, money), or wear this other shirt which reads: “Rather than love, than money, than fame, grace me with truth.” But what if the truth is that you just want love and money. Oh, brother.
7. YOLO! Unless it means getting off the couch.
8. One of these shirts is a lie. (Hint: It’s the pink one.)
9. “You are my favorite!” Unless you’re one of those LOSERS who doesn’t get it.
10. It’s as if the day started off so well — so many goals, so many passions. And ended REAL BAD.
11. And finally, in the immortal words of Justin Bieber: What do you mean?