13 empowering Hillary Clinton quotes because we will always be #withher
Hillary Clinton might have lost the U.S. presidential election, but her legacy holds strong in our minds, our hearts, our goals, and our future.
Should you need inspiration, watch her concession speech in full here. Though she too is disappointed, the first female major-party candidate for President reminds us all that we must put the past behind us and work toward the future we believe in. Allow Hillary’s own quotes on perseverance, hard work, hophe, and coming to terms with difficult realities shine down on you and give you strength for tomorrow.
1. “To all the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.”
2. “I suppose I could have stayed home and baked cookies and had teas, but what I decided to do was to fulfill my profession which I entered before my husband was in public life.”
3. “I believe that the rights of women and girls is the unfinished business of the 21st Century.”
4. “Fear is always with us, but we just don’t have time for it. Not now.”
5. “You have just one life to live. It is yours. Own it, claim it, live it, do the best you can with it.”
6. “The worst thing that can happen in a democracy as well as in an individual’s life — is to become cynical about the future and lose hope: that is the end, and we cannot let that happen.”
7. “Every moment wasted looking back, keeps us from moving forward…In this world and the world of tomorrow, we must go forward together or not at all.”
8. “We can tell stories all night and we can talk about the women who have inspired us. But what inspires me is not just who they are, but what they do. They roll their sleeves up and they get to work.”
9. “Always aim high, work hard, and care deeply about what you believe in. And, when you stumble, keep faith. And, when you’re knocked down, get right back up and never listen to anyone who says you can’t or shouldn’t go on.”
10. “Take criticism seriously, but not personally. If there is truth or merit in the criticism, try to learn from it. Otherwise, let it roll right off you.”
11. “It is often when night looks darkest, it is often before the fever breaks that one senses the gathering momentum for change, when one feels that resurrection of hope in the midst of despair and apathy.”
12. “Whether I am meant to or not, I challenge assumptions about women. I do make some people uncomfortable, which I’m well aware of, but that’s just part of coming to grips with what I believe is still one of the most important pieces of unfinished business in human history — empowering women to be able to stand up for themselves.”
13. “I have always believed that women are not victims, we are agents of change, we are drivers of progress, we are makers of peace — all we need is a fighting chance.”