Elderflower Spritz, Mad Men Style.
- I’m a super intense Mad Men fan. I’m longing for my life to be full of those dresses, those hotels, and John Hamm. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I would never want to live in a time when women were treated and talked to that way, but there is something about it all that is just so glamorous.
- So it’s fortunate that I can find little bits of that fabulous world inside my own, a lovely world where I don’t have to worry that someone will smack my behind at work.
- Little bits of that old world charm though, are everywhere. In men opening doors, in guilded restaurants, in my vintage pencil skirts, and in one amazing friend of mine who asks me every time she comes over
- “Do you have any spirits of elderflower.”
- She is a treasure, as is Burt Cooper, the character on Mad Men who asked it first.
- So now, whenever I know she’s coming by, I make sure that I do, in fact, have some handy. You can find it in Saint Germaine, the elderflower spirit, or you can cheat and buy some elderflower cordial (you can buy it at Ikea!) and add it to some gin and some bubbles and pretend.
- That’s usually what I do.
1 ½ oz Gin
¾ oz Elderflower Cordial
½ oz Lemon Juice
1 dash Lemon Bitters
Soda water to top.
Mix the gin, elderflower, and lemon in the bottom of a glass. Top with soda and dash some bitters on top.