This custom balloon hack will up your Galentine’s gift game
Shopping for the perfect Valentine’s Day present can be ridiculously hard. You want to send the perfect message of love, but no drugstore card quite nails your feelings. Chocolate and teddy bears are nice, but what do they really say?
Instead of trying to write a ballad or love poem (we know, we know: violets are blue!), you can make custom balloons at home. Uh, yeah, you read that right. No need to order fancy shmancy personalized balloons. The secret is tattoo paper, which you can order on Amazon.
The only hard part? Figuring out what you want the balloons to say!
[tempo-video id=”5316221674001″ account=”4607804089001″]
DIY Galentine’s Day Balloons
1. Decide what words you’d like to apply to your balloons.
2. In a Word or Photoshop file, type and size your words. Here’s the most important part: vertically flip the text so that it prints out backwards.
3. Reread the tattoo paper directions, because they are complicated.
4. Print your phrases on the waxy transfer paper.
5. Apply the sticky top sheet, making sure there are no air bubbles.
6. Cut out your phrase, staying close to the edges of your words.
7. Remove the sticky top sheet, and place wherever you want on the balloon.
8. Blot the back with a wet paper towel or sponge (like applying a temporary tattoo when you were a kid).
9. Let sit for 10 – 15 seconds before removing paper. Carefully peel away.
10. Make sure your masterpiece is dry. Then, hand out to your loved ones! Or your enemies, just to see what happens.