Chocolate Chip Cookies
My special man friend has a fondness for Chocolate Chip Cookies. So much in fact, I often refer to him as the “Cookie Monster.” This past week was devoted to making Gluten & Dairy-free Chocolate Chip Cookies that even my cookie connoisseur would approve of.
For me, the key to a great chocolate chip cookie is the right amount of chocolate chips. If you have too little chocolate the cookie is all dough… and it complete defeats the point. If you have too much chocolate (I know, it seems impossible) the dough will not hold together well. It’s about finding that perfect balance… or finding ways to cheat it a bit. If you really want to squeeze in even more chocolate, after rolling out the cookie dough into balls, add a few extra chips to the top of each one, before lightly pressing down.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
by Laura Friendly
Start to Finish: 1 hour
Makes: about 36 cookies
- 1 cup white sorghum flour
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1-1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup gluten & dairy-free chocolate chips
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt.
- Add in eggs, coconut oil and vanilla. Mix well, about 1 minute.
- Add in chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Line 2 to 3 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using your hands (and/or a melon scoop), roll the dough into about 36 balls. Place onto the lined baking sheets and lightly press down—about 12 per baking sheet.
- Bake in the center of the preheated oven for about 14 minutes, or until the cookies are lightly browned but still soft.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow cookies to rest for 5 minutes. Then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store cookies in an airtight container, or freeze in plastic bags, separating cookies with parchment paper.
Other Laura Friendly Delights:
Vegan Hibiscus Ice Cream
Flavored Simple Syrups
All Images & Content are by Laura Friendly. This post is written and based on my personal experience and opinion on food. The information is not intended to replace professional medical counsel. Always seek the advice of your physician if you have a food allergy. And don’t forget to smile!