People Magazine
November 15, 2017 2:00 pm
Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic via Getty Images

Amid the slew of allegations of sexual harassment and assault charges in Hollywood, Terry Crews is speaking out about his own traumatic experience.

In a sit-down with Michael Strahan of Good Morning America, the former NFL player detailed the alleged incident that led him to file a report to the Los Angeles Police Department against a “high level Hollywood executive.”

On Wednesday’s interview, Crews, 49, named his alleged assailant as Adam Venit, head of the motion picture department at William Morris Endeavor (WME) and an agent to many celebrities, who reportedly went on leave from the company earlier this month. WME confirmed to ABC News that the agent “has been suspended following the internal investigation into the matter.”

“He’s connected to probably everyone I know in the business,” Crews explained.

Related article: Terry Crews confirms he filed a police report after making sexual assault allegations

Crews claimed that the executive was acting strange when they first met at a party in February 2016.

But the interaction allegedly didn’t end there. Crews said Venit approached him again, and that’s when he had enough.

“Then he comes back again, and he just won’t stop,” he said. “Then I really got forceful, pushed him back. He bumps into all the other party-goers and he starts giggling and laughing — and let me tell you, I have never felt more emasculated, more objectified. I was horrified.”

Related article: Terry Crews says Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s racial profiling episode was pulled from his own experience

The Brooklyn Nine-Nine star said his wife, Rebecca King-Crews, who was present during the incident, was the only thing that kept him from getting physical.

The former athlete said despite being so angry that he “almost ripped the steering wheel off” of his car as he drove home, his wife reassured him and told him she was proud of him.

Crews said he had dismissed the incident until the claims against movie mogul Harvey Weinstein put sexual assault and harassment in the news.

Related article: Cha-ching! Terry Crews approves woman’s request to put his face on her debit card

He said he will not stand for people asking him why he didn’t come forward sooner or blaming the victim.

In addition to the claims against Hollywood actors and producers in recent months, Crews said he felt compelled to share his story after hearing women speak about how they were called liars after coming forward with their own stories of sexual assault and harassment when he was a key note speaker at an event for the Center for Community Solutions.

“What kind of man would I be to tell my kids, ‘If someone touches you where you don’t want to be touched, tell someone,’ and then I don’t do it?,” he said. “Let me tell you something, it freed me. I knew instantly that I had to tell my story so that other people could be free.”

Advertisement