We’re still trying to figure out what to do with our emotions after getting the horrible, tragic news that the indelible Carrie Fisher died at age 60 after suffering a heart attack on Friday, December 23rd. She was an amazing, irreplaceable person who not just contributed a ridiculous amount to the entertainment industry and all of those who adored her work, but was invaluable in fighting stigma against mental illness.
In honor of her passing, and with much, much love, here are 10 quotes she made iconic in her portrayal as Star Wars’ Princess Leia. We’ll remember these lines almost as long as we’ll remember what a gift Carrie Fisher was to the world.
2. “I don’t know where you get your delusions, laser-brain.”
3. “You have your moments. Not many of them, but you do have them.”
4. “Someone has to save our skins. Into the garbage chute, fly boy.”
5. “Who are you?” “Someone who loves you.”
6. “Well, I guess you don’t know everything about women yet.”
8. “I love you.” “I know.” (Technically both Han Solo AND Princess Leia say this in The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi ).
9. “Aren’t you a little short for a stormtrooper?”
10. “Will somebody get this big, walking carpet out of my way?”
11. “Governor Tarkin, I should have expected to find you holding Vader’s leash. I recognized your foul stench when I was brought on board.”
13. In response to asking what she’s been brought at the end of Rogue One: “Hope.”