Kirsten Dunst shared a text her mom sent her, and it's PEAK mom
This week in “stars, they’re just like us”: Kirsten Dunst’s mother is a master of the mom text, and we’re totally here for it. Kirsten Dunst, who has been acting since age three, recently found out she was getting her own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. (As huge fans of her work in Bring It On and The Virgin Suicides, we were ecstatic to find this out.) Like any normal person, Kirsten immediately texted her mom about the good news.
And the resulting text conversation is so endearing.
Here’s what Kirsten posted on Instagram:
Now let us unpack this a little for you.
- The opening acronym of “Omg.” I don’t know about you, but this is my mother’s favorite piece of internet slang, closely followed by “lol.”
- The run-on sentence that combines two unrelated facts into one thought. I.e. “I’m crying and at vons.” (BTW, Von’s is a grocery store chain in SoCal and Nevada.)
- Kirsten’s mom is always at the grocery store. It’s like a watering hole for moms (dads, too). As Kirsten writes in the caption, “My mom’s always at Vons.”
- The complete lack of disregard for punctuation. BuzzFeed points out that this might even be an indication of a voice text, which is also PEAK MOM.
- The read receipt. Because moms are sharers. Sharers of information. Do they wish you would turn your read receipts on, too? Yes, but you never will. Because only moms respond to every text the second they look at their phones.
It’s undeniable: Kirsten’s mom’s text is PEAK MOM. That said, she’s clearly over-the-moon excited for her little girl, and we think that’s awesome. Congrats to Kirsten for being so successful, and congrats to Mrs. D for raising her that way!
Isn’t it reassuring to find out that celebrity moms are just like ours?