Beyoncé Announces Upcoming “Renaissance” World Tour
The Beyhive rejoices as The Queen Bey readies to hit the road.
Beyoncé has the Beyhive buzzing today, after announcing her long-awaited “Renaissance” album world tour on her Instagram page — marking the start of Black History Month, and on the heels of her remarkable nine Grammy nominations for the upcoming awards ceremony.
The post amassed more than four million likes in mere hours. Meanwhile, the superstar now ties her husband, rapper Jay Z, for the most Grammy nods in history, with a combined 176 nominations.
The “Renaissance” album, which debuted in July, is said to be an “ode to Black, queer culture,” reports USA Today.
The tour kicks off in May, and runs through the end of September. Tickets go on sale Feb. 6.
Mrs. Carter broke her four year hiatus from performing in January, with a jaw-dropping show at a luxury hotel in Dubai — for which she reportedly earned a whopping $24 million dollars. She last toured for fans in 2016, when she was promoting her “Formation” album.
Not surprisingly, Bey fans are super excited by today’s news, especially members of the LGBQT+ community.
Other famous fans reacted on Instagram with the @Target account commenting “using 3 laptops and 5 phones to get these tickets,” while Access Hollywood asked “how do you withdraw from your 401k?”
@OprahDaily simply stated: “WORLD STOP.”
Another LGBQT+ icon, Madonna, made waves last month when she announced her upcoming “Celebration” world tour, which also kicks off this summer. The tour, which span’s the singer’s music for four decades, sold out within minutes, which HelloGiggles reported on Jan. 23.
Meanwhile, Swift’s tour caused a huge controversy in Nov. 2022 when ticket sales caused Ticketmaster to reportedly “melt down,” prompting the Anti-Hero singer to reportedly demand an apology on behalf of her fans — and a subsequent U.S. Senate hearing, reports the BBC.
We’ll be keeping an eye on Ticketmaster on Feb. 6 to see if the “Break My Soul” singer’s tour dates cause the same reaction, already sparking some major media outlets like CNN to speculate it might.
Queen Bey has also hinted at more to come, telling media outlets that “Renaissance” will be a three-part project, says Variety. It’s not known if that means three albums, a music video, or even a Netflix special as she has done in the past.