Get the Look: Zooey Deschanel at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards
Once again this year, I had an amazing time getting my friend Zooey, ready for the Golden Globe Awards.
I showed up at her house early to set up as Zooey’s friend, and assistant Lexi, put out some sweet treats from Babycakes; and of course some Champers was chilled and ready for a toast once we had finished up the glamor process.
Zooey returned from her riding lesson dressed in some smart equestrian duds. After she was freshly showered, we started the afternoon and got down to work. While Shelley got Zooey’s hair ready to give her the perfect ponytail, I prepped her skin. One of Zooey’s best friends, Sophia, came over to hang out and keep us laughing throughout the process.
To begin, Zooey wanted a Twiggy inspired eye, a great inspiration to have when creating a new look. I love working with her because she is always willing to push the envelope, and makes it look effortless in the end! This year I also had the pleasure of collaborating with the Tarte cosmetic line. They were so wonderful to work with!! So without further ado, here is what I did:
- I started with Tarte’s BB tinted treatment primer.
- Next, I blended Tarte’s maracuja miracle 12-hr foundation and maracuja creaseless concealer underneath her eyes.
- For her cheeks, I used Tarte’s 12 hour blush in frisky to the apples of her cheeks. And maracuja blush & glow brightening lumiziner and cheek tint on the tops of her cheekbone, and dusted her beautiful face with Amazonian clay finishing powder.
- To make Zooey’s money makers, AKA her eyes, pop, I started by blending the bronze shadows from Tarte’s beauty & the box Amazonian clay eyeshadow quad in “In the Buff” all over her lids.
- To create a cat-eye shape, I used Tarte’s liquid liner over her top lash line, with a dip at the outer corner and painted on tiny lashes underneath her bottom lashes.
- I finished by applying two coats of mascara to add volume and drama to her lashes.
Meow Meow stay pretty!!!